achievements, affiliations & awards
a company of firsts
- Achieved the prestigious NSF-140-2007 Platinum Certification, A Sustainable Carpet Assessment Standard through UL Environment and ANSI approved for all BOLYU Carpet Tile products. A first in the commercial carpet industry for all products in one category.
- We use renewable energy in all commercial facilities to meet our manufacturing needs.
- We offer a minimum 40% post-consumer recycled content in a high- performance commercial carpet tile backing, our ground-breaking Nexterra® backing.
- We developed an odor neutralizer, Puralex®, that helps lower VOCs and minimize indoor air odors.
facts and figures
- Landfill Negative
- We use 2 lbs. of post consumer waste for every pound of waste we produce.
- We reduced waste sent to landfills by 71% in five years.
- We diverted 1.6 million lbs. of post consumer carpet in 2007.
- We use more than 150 million lbs. of waste annually to make our products.
- Water Conservation
- We reduced water use at our manufacturing facially by 20%, saving 140,000 gallons of water annually.
- We eliminated the use of water in the manufacturing of our award-winning Nexterra® carpet tile backing.
- Energy Savings
We use 91% less energy by utilizing recycled plastic and polyester-based (PET) materials vs. virgin PET for our Nexterra® carpet tile backing.
a bit of recognition
At BOLYU, we are proud of the following affiliations:
- Partner: U.S. EPA Green Power Partnership
- Member: Certified Green-e Marketplace
- Member: USGBC United States Green Building Council
- Corporate Sponsor of CARE (Carpet America Recovery Effort)
- Member: Carpet & Rug Institute Green Label Plus Program
- Partner: Georgia Department of Natural Resources P²AD Partnership.
We are also proud to have received numerous honors for our efforts. Here are a few of our previous honors that we are most proud of:
- Named “Environmental Supplier of the Year” by Home Depot
- Nexterra backing earns the prestigious Grand Prize for Environmental Solutions presented at the NeoCon World Trade Fair by Buildings Magazine
- Our Royston Plant was named the “Plant of the Year” for Pollution Prevention and Waste Minimization by the Georgia Association of Water Professionals.